Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 Modifying an existing report with SP calls

Author  Topic 

SQLSoaker
Posting Yak Master

169 Posts

Posted - 2009-03-19 : 10:04:25
Hello,

I am trying to edit a report that I did not create. This report calls 4 different stored procedures.

What I have done is edited one of the four stored procedures. Now I want to call this new stored procedure in the report instead of the old one.

Whenever I go to the Data tab on this report, I get this error: The data source was not found. Add the data source to the data set before proceeding or choose another data source.

So what I have done is created a new datasource for each SP and pointed them to the correct DB and made a new call to the modified SP.

This errors out as well.

The old dataset is as follows:

DataSource -> Correct one
Command Type -> Text
Query String -> nameofSP (not EXEC nameofSP)

I was thinking its as simple as changing my query string to the modified SP but no.

Can anyone be of assistance for this?

Thank you in advance

Regards.

SQLSoaker
Posting Yak Master

169 Posts

Posted - 2009-03-19 : 10:30:46
I was able to fix this. If anyone needs to know the fix for this let me know and I will explain.
Go to Top of Page

pdset
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

310 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-21 : 21:06:20
How did you get this set right for you. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-22 : 12:33:21
it may be that datasource was not included in the project. You can download datasource also just like you got RDL file from server and work with that. Otherwise you've create a new dataset to work with. And while deploying you need to make sure you dont deploy newly created datasource but after deployment you need to point it to existing one it was using in the server

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -