Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 The script files failed to load error

Author  Topic 

AKP2008
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 2009-08-11 : 09:59:37
Hi,

I am calling web service using SSIS script task. When i execute the script task i am getting "The script files failed to load" error.

Can you please suggest me what is the reason. How can i solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

tsaimrudula
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2009-09-17 : 14:41:47
Hi all, I have the same issue. I have a script task which calls a webservice. I have the PrecompileScriptToBinaryCode set to true. I have also tried:
a) Opening of the script task design windoe and closing it.
b) removed all the break points in the design window.

I'm really spending a lot of time solving this issue. Could somebody help out with this?

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

YellowBug
Aged Yak Warrior

616 Posts

Posted - 2009-09-17 : 14:55:11
I had this once - just occurred one day. Most annoying indeed. I had to open and save the package (and script task) on the server.

What SP of SQL Server 2005 are you running? This maybe a fix from MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931846
Go to Top of Page

tsaimrudula
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2009-09-17 : 15:15:40
Thanks a lot for replying to my issue. This error is really annoying me.

I'm running it on sp3 i believe.

I have run this script to find out the service pack:
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('ProductLevel')

Go to Top of Page

tsaimrudula
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2009-09-17 : 15:17:59
I'm sorry, forgot to tell you that, it's working perfectly fine on my local machine (32-bit processor) where as when I try running on another server (which is 64-bit processor) it error out saying "script failed to load"
Please help !!

Go to Top of Page

RedwoodAcoustic
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-03-02 : 10:47:51
This happened to me. I made sure PrecompileScriptToBinaryCode was set to True. I made sure no breakpoints were in the script. I made sure I opened and closed the script. Nothing worked. Still got the "script files failed to load" error.

Then I found the problem. I was copying and pasting a lot of the script together and accidentally changed "Public Sub Main()" to "Private Sub Main()". Oops. Once I changed it back to public, the script worked fine.

Hope this helps someone.
Go to Top of Page

PatMat
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-06-30 : 02:10:31
Ensure that you don't have your Public Class declared twice.
This was the case with me and once I removed it, the error was also gone.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -