Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Replication (2005)
 Cannot drop Publications

Author  Topic 

jpotucek
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

273 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-28 : 15:27:29
I am running

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4226.00 (X64) SQL Server 2005 Standard

I had a working transactional replication publication set up and it was working. I needed to restore the database that was acting as publisher and then change who the subscriber was so what I did was drop the subscription, drop the publication, restored the database (to a new name) and then rebuilt the publication and added the new subscriber.

I must have done something out of order because I created the new publication and then added the new subscriber and I cannot get it to work.

These are the type of errors I am getting in the log:
(note Server names have been changed to Serverx (Publisher) and ServerY (Suscriber))

Replication-Replication Transaction-Log Reader Subsystem: agent Serverx-1 failed. The process could not execute 'sp_repldone/sp_replcounters' on 'Serverx'.

Basically TEST database is the OLD original subscriber and that database has been dropped.

I tried recreating it and that didn't help

now I am just attempting to drop the new publication that I created and it hangs and then crashes Management studio.

Not really sure where to go from here.. can anyone help?

jpotucek
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

273 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-28 : 16:46:41
I got this cleaned up by going in through Management studio and DISABLING Replication - this seemed to cleanup what I messed up and allowed me to re-do the whole thing.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -