Posted - 07/14/2012 : 16:25:59
| I am working with a project, and am asked to use vb6 and mssql 2000.
I am to perform the following task from the vb forms.
1. view all the servers(using combo box)
2. view all the database in the selected server(using tree view)
3. when a particular database is selected from the tree view, all the tables attached to it should be displayed in a list view (the list view should have check boxes.
4. clean-up (delete) the records in the selected selected tables
5. after clean-up search each table to see if there is a column called control or control1(it has bigint with increment identity (1,1) as datatype). Then alter it and reset the increment - identity (1,1) of the datatype, so that it starts from one(1).
I've resolved numbers 1, 2, and 3. Please how do i resolve 4 and 5 using vb6 and sql-dmo in mssql 2000. or any other method in vb6 and sql 2000.