SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 .NET Inside SQL Server (2005)
 w3wp.exe issue for asp.net Application
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bhushan_juare
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  09:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hallo Everyone,
I am using an asp.net v2.0 application for which application pool, web site is created.
Every day multiple users logged into application for doing transactions doing this in Activity Monitor I came to know that w3wp.exe is taking more than 350 MB of Memory Usage. Due to which application performance is sucked. Generally I restart IIS when the process(w3wp.exe) consumed 550 MB of Memory Usage. This occurs on daily basis no matter whether transactions is going on or not..
So I want to know Is their any permanent solution ??

Edited by - bhushan_juare on 09/14/2012 01:41:03

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

USA
15676 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  09:47:00  Show Profile  Visit robvolk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This isn't really a SQL Server question, but typically you'd configure your application pool to recycle periodically, based on a certain memory use and/or certain time intervals.
Go to Top of Page

bhushan_juare
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  09:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup.. you are right but application's backend is processed using SQL SP's, Triggers..so more the execution time of script greater the CPU size of w3wp.exe process
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

USA
15676 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  09:54:22  Show Profile  Visit robvolk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're hosting SQL Server and IIS on the same server, you'll continue to have this problem. Better to host IIS on another server.
Go to Top of Page

bhushan_juare
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  01:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Application Server and Database Server are on different IP's..still i am facing this issues.
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

USA
15676 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  09:45:06  Show Profile  Visit robvolk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you set up your application pools in IIS to recycle? Other than that I don't have a solution, and as I said earlier, this isn't really a SQL Server issue. You might find a better solution on an IIS forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000