Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 .NET Inside SQL Server (2005)
 w3wp.exe issue for asp.net Application

Author  Topic 

bhushan_juare
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-13 : 09:30:17
Hallo Everyone,
I am using an asp.net v2.0 application for which application pool, web site is created.
Every day multiple users logged into application for doing transactions doing this in Activity Monitor I came to know that w3wp.exe is taking more than 350 MB of Memory Usage. Due to which application performance is sucked. Generally I restart IIS when the process(w3wp.exe) consumed 550 MB of Memory Usage. This occurs on daily basis no matter whether transactions is going on or not..
So I want to know Is their any permanent solution ??

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-13 : 09:47:00
This isn't really a SQL Server question, but typically you'd configure your application pool to recycle periodically, based on a certain memory use and/or certain time intervals.
Go to Top of Page

bhushan_juare
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-13 : 09:51:13
Yup.. you are right but application's backend is processed using SQL SP's, Triggers..so more the execution time of script greater the CPU size of w3wp.exe process
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-13 : 09:54:22
If you're hosting SQL Server and IIS on the same server, you'll continue to have this problem. Better to host IIS on another server.
Go to Top of Page

bhushan_juare
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-14 : 01:46:11
Application Server and Database Server are on different IP's..still i am facing this issues.
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-14 : 09:45:06
Did you set up your application pools in IIS to recycle? Other than that I don't have a solution, and as I said earlier, this isn't really a SQL Server issue. You might find a better solution on an IIS forum.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -