Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 Creating Mail Merge Report

Author  Topic 

hbadministrator
Posting Yak Master

120 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-25 : 16:33:54
I am having issues trying to create a report that is going to become a Mail Merge. I need to have a single page with each part of the layout below if that makes any sense.

Example data.
Field layout is.
Name, Address, City, Zip-code, St, Telephone, Create Date, Amount, Description, sa-prd

code is
SELECT customer.name, customer.Address, customer.City, customer.[Zip-code], customer.St, customer.Telephone, CONVERT(CHAR(10), SaBudget.CreateDate, 101)AS Create_Date, SaBudget.Amount, SaBudget.Description, SaBudget.[sa-prd]
FROM SaBudget INNER JOIN customer ON SaBudget.[Cust-no] = customer.[Cust-no]

When I create my data source and then create my dataset i use that query and when I execute this it gives me the data I need so the next step I figured would be input the image onto the Design screen so I did that. I chose Embedded and the size was original size. and hit ok. Next I clicked on text box dragged and dropped them right next to the name and address of the ones on the image so i can see what the data. Now I then right clicked on the textbox and went to expression and tried to select Fields but it comes up with Report Item not linked to a dataset. So I look below and see datasets and it actually has all my fields but it has them as First and SUM. When I use those and then preview it only shows me the 1st page and when i try to export it i only get 1 page as well. Please help I am confused. Also when I take the field and drag and drop it onto the page it automatically goes to expression.

- Advertisement -