Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Database Design and Application Architecture
 SQL Query

Author  Topic 

kz
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-11-21 : 13:06:14
Hi SQL Team,

I was hoping you can help me understand why a query times out.

If I have a select statement with less column, I retreive same number of records as when I have more columns but the problem is when I have more columns the query timesout.

Is there a time limit to control building a query?

Thank you

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-21 : 13:28:39
Where are you running the query from? How long does it run before it times out? If it is a .net client, there is a default connection timeout and a default command timeout, 15 seconds and 30 seconds, respectively, I think. You can increase those in your .net code.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasBurrus
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-01-29 : 08:28:39
Can you please help me with the options to set the Time limit using SQL queries and me with the errors in following query
<option> ::( BATCHSIZE | TIMELIMIT | FULLTEXTROWLIMIT).

http://www.citymetrocarpetcleaning.com.au/kensington
Go to Top of Page

srimami
Posting Yak Master

160 Posts

Posted - 2013-02-08 : 18:42:38
If you are running query from remote, disable the option of timeout using the following query.

EXEC sp_configure 'remote query timeout', 0 ;
GO
RECONFIGURE ;
GO
Go to Top of Page

markspend1
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2013-02-18 : 12:19:34
Hey Guys my name is Mark.I think that SQL is a special-purpose programming language designed for handling in database control systems.The most common function in SQL is the query,which is conducted with the selected declaration.Queries allow the user to explain desired information.Thanks a lot!!

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -