Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 SSIS package not working with different profile

Author  Topic 

ShorePatrol
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-17 : 14:46:31
Folks,

We had a pretty bad situation - everytime I would log onto the SQL 2008 server (I'm a domain admin) I'd be OK for a few minutes, and then it would blue screen. This started happening out of the blue (pun intended), with no Windows updates or changes...this also happens if I RDP to it with this profile.

We quickly realized other profiles/users were fine...so I could log on with a domain service account I use for other things, and it would not crash.

So the plan became to remove the old profile, recreate it, and hope for the best...

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: I've copied the SSIS packages from the old profile location to the new profile. SSIS will open the project file, but when I try to open the package, I get errors "Failed to decrypt protected XML node DTS:Password Key not valid for use in specified state"

Is there a way (if so how) I can open these packages while logged on as a different user than who created them???

At this point I still have the old profile, but afraid to use it since it crashes the server.

Any advice REALLY appreciated!

Thanks!

nelsont
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-28 : 11:15:44
Before you open the project,
Go to Tools --> Options --> Business Intelligence Designers --> Integration Service Designers
Uncheck the "Check digital signature" box.

Hope this fixes it.
Go to Top of Page

ShorePatrol
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-02 : 10:07:07
quote:
Originally posted by nelsont

Before you open the project,
Go to Tools --> Options --> Business Intelligence Designers --> Integration Service Designers
Uncheck the "Check digital signature" box.

Hope this fixes it.

Thanks! I tried it, but this is the error I get:
Error loading Package.dtsx: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS:Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available.

I'm assuming this is due to the passwords in the connection manager...?

Not sure how to fix this since I can no longer use the login that was used to create the packages....

Is it as simple as re-creating the connections for the package? I guess that's my next thing to try....
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -