Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Other Development Tools
 Connect to multiple databases

Author  Topic 

Developer31
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-21 : 12:32:25
We have a dev, prod, qa enviroment in our company. For each of these environments, I need to run a set of sql commands(takes a long time). What would be the best way to do it, while maintaining the history of executions.

Also, what is the best tool for connecting to sql and sybase database.

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-21 : 12:46:49
You can use SQL Server Management Studio - see here. But that may not give you any history or logs unless you do that by other means.

Other possibilities that I can think of are to use a Powershell script, or SQL Server Integration Services.
Go to Top of Page

Developer31
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-21 : 13:35:46
Thanks sunitabeck! I'll take a look at SQL Server Management Studio. It will be a good start!
Go to Top of Page

echernob
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-21 : 13:57:06
Try Concurrent Database Manager (CDM) at www.esctradingsystems.com

CDM not only allows users to run the same query against multiple servers but also keeps history of the original requests with the results.

In addition, CDM offers you a variety of other features including C# code generation from DB objects, unique SQL Query Catalog, protection against running the same query multiple times, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Developer31
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-02 : 12:14:04
The tool CDM is really good.. I tried it and found that it has lot of features apart from maintaining the history and running the concurrent queries.. We needed to generate C# classes & data contracts from tables. This tool generated it too.. Awesome stuff!

Thanks echernob!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -