Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 how to create different instance in SQL Server?

Author  Topic 

prince2485
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-12-24 : 01:04:53
Frnds,

This is my first Post.

As i want to run 2 applications which runs on different sql server version on same server.

But I struggling while creating different instances of 2 different SQL Server version[2000 & 2008] in same server ?

So i can run my application which run on 2 different SQL server in same server.

kindly advice me the steps to perform above action . Thanks in advance.

I m Vikas Nakil. I m an IT Professional.

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-24 : 07:25:08
What kind of difficulties are you running into? According to Microsoft, 2000 and 2008 can exist side by side - see here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143694(v=sql.100).aspx

Edit: The URL somehow takes you to the page for 2012. Drop down on that page will take you to corresponding page for 2008.
Go to Top of Page

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-24 : 11:16:16
quote:
Originally posted by prince2485

Frnds,

This is my first Post.

As i want to run 2 applications which runs on different sql server version on same server.

But I struggling while creating different instances of 2 different SQL Server version[2000 & 2008] in same server ?

So i can run my application which run on 2 different SQL server in same server.

kindly advice me the steps to perform above action . Thanks in advance.

I m Vikas Nakil. I m an IT Professional.

Well you need to understand there is performance factors which comes into play when you have applications and SQL server with different instances in same server. How much memory server has and CPU cores?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -