Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 SSRS text box to display parameter choice

Author  Topic 

robert693
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-01 : 09:24:49
Hello,

I have an SSRS report with a parameter that gives the user several choices from field called "Department." The choices are "(Select All)." "Information Technology," and "Process Improvement." The choice will decide what information is shown on the report. We need a text box on the report to show what choice the user made, "Information Technology," "Process Improvement," of if the user selected "(Select All)," then both "Information Technology" and "Process Improvement" should show up in the text box. I have tried various IIF() statements and could not make tis happen. Can somebody give me advice as to how to accomplish this? Thank you for any help!

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-01 : 09:40:16
You should be able to use an expression such as =Parameters!Department.Value and that should automatically populate the text box based on your selection. Does that not work for you?
Go to Top of Page

robert693
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-01 : 09:59:31
I found that I could use a join() function and get what I needed. ="Department: "&join(Parameters!Department.Value, " and ")
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -