Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Sql Instances

Author  Topic 

guaro5555
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-13 : 15:58:24
Hi gurus

I have a sql server 2008 install on a sql server 2008, I would like to know if there is a way to see all my sql server instances at once while using Sql server manager suite.

at this point it seems like I have to log into the instance that I need to see, so is there a way to look all instances install?

Thanks a bunch gurus

webfred
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

8781 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-13 : 16:07:31
Maybe I am wrong but your question sounds to me like this:

I have a parking lot where I have multiple cars.
How can I sit in all the cars at the same time?

Too old to Rock'n'Roll too young to die.
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-13 : 21:53:30
Fred's answer notwithstanding...

Register them in SSMS
Go to Top of Page

guaro5555
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-13 : 23:26:35
Fred
thanks for jumping in, I was just wondering if instead of connect to a particular instance, I can see all instances at once using SMS e,( e.i when you hit the cluster, you get to see all the instances at once), looking around I discovered that the answer might be NO ,but you can connect to multiple instances while on the SMS and have them all at once.
It took me a while but been this segment of the forum named "NEW to SQl serv admin" whihc by my question you can tell I am , I thought I could use a shortcut, you guru's Knowledge.

Thanks a bunch for jumping in
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -