Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Only one column not extracting from Excel source

Author  Topic 

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-17 : 16:42:59
I am trying to extract the data out of an excel file with 3 columns Success, Failure and Waiting. The data from Success and Failure is getting extracted perfectly, but no data is being extracted from the excel file. The data types of source and destination are matching. I tried different file with the same structure..but still no data is being extracted from the Waiting column.

Can anyone please help.

Thank you!!

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-17 : 19:39:43
What method are you using? SSIS or something else? What is the data in the Excel sheet like? If it is a numeric and non-numeric data, you could try setting IMEX=1 (intermixed).
Go to Top of Page

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-17 : 19:55:53
Help pls guys..
Go to Top of Page

bandi
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2242 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-18 : 03:34:11
Can you post screen shot of that import/export wizard's edit mappings dialog box and also datatypes of respective columns?

--
Chandu
Go to Top of Page

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-18 : 06:15:19
I am not using I/E wizard mate..its just excel source and oledb destination..I have made sure that the datatypes and mapping are correct but the data viewer,after the source, is not showing data for this column but showing data for other columns properly
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -