Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 Is this an issue?

Author  Topic 

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-05 : 06:04:37
We have just tried upgrading a test Content Management System database from 2008 to 2012.

To do this we first took last nights backup of live and restored to the test system, then ran the upgrade wizard. As far as the database is concerned all seemed well though the CMS isn't working and I just wanted to eliminate SQL Server as the source of the issue.

I'm using the 2008 version of Management Studio. If I look at the live instance (on SQL Server 2008) I can see that the name of the database owner is correct and if I go to Database properties, then click on files, it has the same owner. If however I do that on test (which is SQL Server 2012 with database compatibility set to 2008), then I see the same database owner but if I go to Properties and files, there is no entry for the database owner.

Is this an issue? I don't understand how the two can be different.

thanks

steve

-----------

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

TG

6065 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-05 : 09:03:15
Could it be that the database owner is not a user (or login) on the new test 2012 server?
Do you see the same thing from a 2012 Management Studio?

Be One with the Optimizer
TG
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-05 : 09:37:36
Hi TG, thanks for that, seems you are correct. The user wasn't a login.

steve

-----------

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Go to Top of Page

TG

6065 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-05 : 10:13:35
Cool.

Be One with the Optimizer
TG
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -