Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 Triggers

Author  Topic 

bi89405
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-06 : 23:53:33
Hello,

I am fairly new to using triggers. I have a straightforward question. I have a staging table that gets loaded every day by deleting everything in there first then reloading the data from the source file. I would like to create a trigger that insert only certain accounts to table2. I created an trigger with insert after option but I get lots of duplicate records in table2. Can someone please assist here?

Thanks,
ZH

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-07 : 21:00:30
Since the problem appears to be in the logic of your trigger code, if you can post the code that you are using that would enable someone to suggest solutions.

When I need to load data from a staging table to the production table, I don't use triggers. I set up another job/query that picks up the rows from the staging table and inserts/updates/deletes as required from the production table. Usually it is best to reserve triggers for light-duty tasks, and only when required (for example auditing).
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -