Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Suggestions

Author  Topic 

Abid

110 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-16 : 09:32:41
Hi SqlTeam.

When i visit the forum for asking/ answering or searching any question, so i feel so difficult for many thing. Few are discussed here:

1. When i use the
block, so it is supposed to be displayed in distinguish way, that i could easily pick it that what i posted as a code in my post and could be easily picked by the viewers (who are interested to answer) too.

2. Every post (reply) to a thread is direly supposed to have a post number. Lets say if I'm referring someone or someone referred me for a particular post, lets say if someone tells me that your answer is available in post # 7, so i would be able to easily locate that where is post Number 7. But in current, i didn't find it.

3. Similarly, in quick reply editor mode, there is no facility for the user to use. Facilities like Bold, Code, Quote, Underline, Italic etc.

4. When i am answered by someone in my thread, So when i go to my Subscriptions, so i do not know that who answered me and when he answered me and which thread out of 100s has been answered?

I tried to find these aforementioned things, but could get it. It might be possible that these things are already there, but i can't see; If it is so, then please guide me that where are these to use.

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-16 : 09:50:25
1. Code block works well, but you should format your code first, then copy/paste it in. No, it doesn't color code, but you can do that if you want, manually. For example
-- comment --
USE tempdb;
GO

Create Table MyTable (
a int not null primary key,
b int,
c varchar(8)
);
GO

2. That would be nice

3. Just need to learn the tags. B is old. I is italics etc.

What I like best is that the site performs well and is simple and not cluttered with a tom of images and ads.
Go to Top of Page

Abid

110 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-16 : 09:58:47
If coloring code is the attribute of this site, then it is commendable. But if colored it manually, then it doesn't seem to be adorable.

I think that i didn't forget to mention in my first post that guide me if I don't know. :) :)
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-16 : 10:59:13
You're right, that would be nice and is a little tedious to do manually.

do it like this
[ red ] this is red [/ red ] (without the spaces)

there are 14 colors built in. there are other formatting controls too.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -