Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Standby database suggest

Author  Topic 

sunsanvin
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1274 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-24 : 07:45:08
Hi Experts,
I've an environment with Merge replication. Publisher is a clustered instance windows server 2003, sql server 2005 SP4, two subscribers with standalone severs, windows server 2003 with sql server 2005 SP4. The servers a very old servers, and management has decided to go for new infrastructure.

Please suggest:

I'm taking production server with windows server 2008 R2 and sql server 2008 R2 on clustered instance, and two subscribers (merge replication) standalone windows server 2008 R2 with sql server 2008 R2.

Now i need to have DR setup for this. I know mirroring is going to depricate in the coming versions, so i'm thinking on Log shipping as the best solution to have DR setup.

Now the concern is, once the failover happens, the merge replication will not be working. what should I do in this case.....

is there any better solution for this? How about always on consideration in this case? Experts..... please suggest.

Thanks In Advance.

Arnav
Even you learn 1%, Learn it with 100% confidence.

- Advertisement -