Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Database Design and Application Architecture
 Upload data to SQL server or SQL Azure

Author  Topic 

stopher
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-05-02 : 14:49:41
I have been trying to upscale an access application to SQL Azure. I have to load some large spreadsheets into the access data base and in the past I've always been able to copy these using transferspread sheet function to a linked SQL server or an Access data project with reasonable performance. The SQL server was always within the company.
I've been trying out MS's SQL Azure Cloud database. I'm able to link to the tables and load a local Access table to the linked Azure table successfully but the performance is horrible. A 26K entity table takes about 30 minutes. I can then run a query to export the data that runs in seconds. It's just getting it loaded into the remote table that's my bottleneck.
Can someone give me a strategy to use or point me in the right direction. I need to be able to do this from the access front end.

- Advertisement -