Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2008)
 SQL Server 2008 | Constant Crashing?

Author  Topic 

iAndy
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-10 : 09:18:45
SQL Server was running fine for me up until last Friday; now when I and create a new instance the program brings the loading bar then just sit's there forever and slowly brings the computer to a stand still, the same goes for when trying to uninstall the program completely, and the same for when trying to repair it?

Any ideas on how to fix? or do a full uninstall without using the proper means as it just crash's?

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-10 : 09:27:40
Check if you have any viruses on the computer. Also, look in task manager and/or perfmon to see which process(es) are taking up the resources.
Go to Top of Page

iAndy
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-10 : 09:34:15
Theres no viruses on the machine and theres is not an awful lot running on the machine, bear minimum of the computers power is running, It feels as if somethings just corrupted within SQL
Go to Top of Page

James K

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-10 : 11:49:20
Is everything else responsive on the system? Also, look in event log and SQL log to see if there are any errors. I assume you have tried rebooting the machine. It could very well be that the installation got corrupted as you suggest; but I don't know enough to say that that is the case.
Go to Top of Page

iAndy
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-10 : 12:15:11
Everything runs fine then once the uninstallation begins to hang the computer and applications all start to freeze and I then are having to force the Computer shut
Go to Top of Page

iAndy
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-13 : 05:19:44
Quick update;

I came into work this morning to see that SQL Express 2008 had been uninstalled as if by magic over night; I ran CC Cleaner then mopped up the SQL folders.

After a reboot I ran the installer - the installer unpacked the files, gave me the loading message the message displayed for a few seconds then closed and a blank CMD prompt window popped up for a blink of an eye, anyone have any ideas?

Iv also noticed in the services theres my instance names on there with that status - "Disabled" im surprised there still there after SQL being uninstalled however im guessing there disabled as SQL is not running anymore?
Go to Top of Page

iAndy
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-26 : 11:59:09
Still struggling with this, any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

James K

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-27 : 08:34:22
When software gets uninstalled without you knowing about it along with other unexplained events that you see, more often than not, my experience has been that it is either some kind of virus (which I know you have already ruled out), or someone else also making changes to your computer setup. I really don't have any other thoughts without having the ability to sit down in front of the computer and poke around.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -