Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Express Edition and Compact Edition (2005)
 ADP link with SQL Server 2005

Author  Topic 

tradingchap
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-06-19 : 01:58:54
G'day everyone.

I hope this is in the right section so here goes.

We have a number of MS Access 2003 database applications at work that we are considering migrating to other technologies.

So at the moment, I am in the process of testing migration options for one of the smaller Access 2003 Database to ADP-SQL Server 2005 setup. The ADP file is - as a number of you will know - a MS Office 2010 file type that holds the forms and reports (all front end elements) and the SQL Server 2005 holds the tables and views (or queries).

The conversion went okay with help of the Upsizing Wizard. When I open the ADP file, I can't see any of the subforms within the main form. So I looked up the data source of one of the subforms and it had an incomplete SQL query. So I copy this from the original .mdb file and paste it in - not expecting it to work the first time, rather trying to see the behaviour when you do this. When I try to run the form again, it throws up the following error:

"The multi-part identifier "frmMainForm.form.txtFromDate.value" could not be found"

Now I tried to look up other posts in this forum to see if I can find anything useful to solve this, but didn't have much luck. I even checked some other forums before I entered the post here without much luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Advertisement -