Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 Failed to connect to server

Author  Topic 

lepena
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-08-19 : 16:27:30
Hello,

I got this message when i tryied to connect to my SQL Server, this is happening after I unistall and reinstall the SQL 2012.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

I have Windows 7 64bit, I haven't any service running on SQL Server Configuration Manager.

How I can solve it?

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-08-19 : 17:37:40
quote:
Originally posted by lepena

Hello,

I got this message when i tryied to connect to my SQL Server, this is happening after I unistall and reinstall the SQL 2012.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

I have Windows 7 64bit, I haven't any service running on SQL Server Configuration Manager.

How I can solve it?

What is the product you installed? It sounds like you installed only client tools. There are two parts to a SQL Server installation. (Well, actually there are umpteen parts, but two that are relevant here). One is the Datbase Engine, and the other is the Client Tools (which includes SQL Server Management Studio, config tools etc.). If you installed only client tools then you can use that to connect to Database Engines installed elsewhere (on other boxes). But there is nothing on your box to connect to, because there is no database engine there.

If you can tell what product you installed - i.e., where you downloaded it from and the msi or exe name, that should reaveal what you installed.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -