SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Development Tools
 ASP.NET
 upload to website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noblemfd
Starting Member

Nigeria
38 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  15:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to develop an application using c# and mssql 2012. It will be a website, then it will have desktop part too. Users can check there transactions online via the website. Then posting can be done through the website or the desktop part (off-line). If done via destop aspect, I want to write a small code that will enable me to upload it to the website.

Please help me.

Eagle_f90
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  13:15:18  Show Profile  Visit Eagle_f90's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What you would do is need to have the desktop app check for online connectivity, if it has it just save the data off to the DB with what ever method you want (LINQ, ADO.Net, EF, etc.). If there is no net connection then you will need to save the data localy in a fasion of your chosing (flat file, local DB, etc.). Then you could have the app check for net connection either on startup or every x minutes and once found process the local file for saving to the DB.

--
If I get used to envying others...
Those things about my self I pride will slowly fade away.
-Stellvia
Go to Top of Page

noblemfd
Starting Member

Nigeria
38 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  18:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please can you show me a sample

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle_f90

What you would do is need to have the desktop app check for online connectivity, if it has it just save the data off to the DB with what ever method you want (LINQ, ADO.Net, EF, etc.). If there is no net connection then you will need to save the data localy in a fasion of your chosing (flat file, local DB, etc.). Then you could have the app check for net connection either on startup or every x minutes and once found process the local file for saving to the DB.

--
If I get used to envying others...
Those things about my self I pride will slowly fade away.
-Stellvia

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000