Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 SQL Table Not Updating!

Author  Topic 

Bil
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-26 : 08:19:34
Hi,
I am new to SQL. I am using Vb to run SQL queries for adding the records.When I add any record to table, the table doesn't show the added values until i go in sql server table and press "EXECUTE SQL" button!

Please help me in this regard.

Br
Bil

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-26 : 08:26:22
What is the query that you are executing when you press execute sql button? And what environment are you running that from? SQL Server Management Studio? It just might be that the data is in the table, but the data you are looking at does not get refreshed until you press the execute sql button.
Go to Top of Page

Bil
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-26 : 08:57:00
quote:
Originally posted by James K

What is the query that you are executing when you press execute sql button? And what environment are you running that from? SQL Server Management Studio? It just might be that the data is in the table, but the data you are looking at does not get refreshed until you press the execute sql button.

I am running INSERT Into query from VB application. I think you are right.The table is not getting refreshed until i press EXECUTE SQL button. Is there any procedure to refresh table from VB.Net Application?

bil
Go to Top of Page

James K

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-26 : 09:38:03
What environment are you using to observe the data in the table? i.e., what is the environment/IDE/application where you are pressing the "Execute SQL" button?
Go to Top of Page

Bil
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-26 : 11:15:08
quote:

What environment are you using to observe the data in the table? i.e., what is the environment/IDE/application where you are pressing the "Execute SQL" button?

I am using VBS 2010 as front end and MSSQL Server 2012 for Database!
i am pressing execute sql in MSSQL 2012 environment..you know a button with red exclamation sign.
Go to Top of Page

James K

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-26 : 11:17:34
I am not familiar with VBS 2010 - don't know what that is. If you are using a .Net application to view the data, then it is really upto the application to refresh the view if the data in the table changes.

If you are using SQL Server Management Studio, then, you will need to manually refresh the data by executing the query to see refreshed data.
Go to Top of Page

Bil
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-26 : 11:41:03
quote:

I am not familiar with VBS 2010 - don't know what that is. If you are using a .Net application to view the data, then it is really upto the application to refresh the view if the data in the table changes.

If you are using SQL Server Management Studio, then, you will need to manually refresh the data by executing the query to see refreshed data.

VBS 2010 is visual basic studio 2010...anyway thanks for your help mate.Really appreciate it.

bil
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -