Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Database Design and Application Architecture
 information kiosk

Author  Topic 

benjamin.owen
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-04-08 : 09:46:34
Hello everybody and thank you in advance for any support you can offer.

I am working on a project to deliver an information kiosk with a touch screen that displays a multitude of data in a very easy to navigate way.

I am looking to to deliver a prototype at first with a web interface that is idealy lots of buttons which lead to more pages with buttons so the navigation can be drilled down through categories. when the final location is reached, i would like to load some information from a server.

From advice so far is see the project being set out like this:

1. a web browser, where the computer has a touch screen and the shell is set to load directly into that browser, of course very easy to do.

2. a web interface that is graphically rich allowing me to click icons and drill down to a file or piece of data.

3. a seperate web interface/ portal to load information onto the server to be accessed by the kiosk web interface.

I suppose my question is can someone help me on the starting point, what packages do i employ? how should all this connect together?

I would just like to be pointed in the right direction, this is a very large project and i have approximately 6 months to deliver it, i would be greatful if anybody has done something like this before and could share their experiences.

I hope this makes sense, my background is in mechatronics and robotics and i have never had to build a website, server, db or anything like that.

I will be doing some of the work myself but also contracting others so would like to understand what i am asking them to do.

anything thats needs further explanation, fire me a message.

Thank you,

Benjamin

- Advertisement -