Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Database Design and Application Architecture
 ERD relational diagram

Author  Topic 

rusnet
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-05-30 : 05:33:25
Hello everyone, I'm going to have exam soon and have met with a problem with erd diagram. I tried doing but don't know how to link the hr manager into the diagram.

The human resource manager of the newly established bed of British restaurant on Clark quay in Singapore needs a database to keep records of the training course that staff are required to participate in during their employment at the restaurant. These course include people management, health and safety management and introduction to budgeting for the the management staff; and customer service skills for the waiters and waitress. Course are available from a number of trainin providers(some of which offer several of the course by the restaurant), and it's the responsibility of the hr manager at the best of British restaurant to select one training provider for each of the course required by the restaurant.

Your task is to design a relational database to enable the hr manager to manage records of each of the staff employed in the restaurant ( e.g name, contact details, age, length of service in the restaurant ); details of each training course available to staff(including course title, duration , summary of course content, training provider); data about the providers of each training course (e.g name , contact details, courses provides); as well as details of training courses attended by each member of staff(e.g date attended, venue).

Thanks in advanced for the help!
Cheers!

Lamprey
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4614 Posts

Posted - 2014-05-30 : 11:59:51
That looks reasonable to me. I'm not sure I understand about linking the HR manager into the diagram. I suspect it isn't necessary as they are a Staff member already and that is really just a function of who can access the DB.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -