Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2008)
 Unable to reach database server on host

Author  Topic 

cynthia
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-06-28 : 08:01:24
Please i created a windows application with visual studio and SQL server express 10.0.4000 and i deployed this application in my client server which SQL server 2008 r2 each time i try to query the database i get the error below

Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.DataStoreException: Unable to reach database server on host ''.
Error Details:A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
---> Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

i use the following connection string

<configuration>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="InvoiceDBConnection" connectionString="data
source=ULOMA\SQLEXPRESS;initial catalog=InvoiceDB;integrated security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

please how do i address this issue.

obilo

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2014-06-30 : 12:35:53
Are you able to connect to ULOMA\SQLEXPRESS via Management Studio?

Tara Kizer
SQL Server MVP since 2007
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -