Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 validate flat file data for each row & Column

Author  Topic 

AshokVallu
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-07-21 : 10:52:49
Hi All,

I am trying to find a solution for my task.

My task is, I have a Flat File Source data. Using Flat File Source of DFT, I am reading it.

Now I have to validate data of this source for each row nearly on all columns with the data of different tables of a database.

For example, Data of ColumnA of source file need to validate with some x table data of my database. In the same way data of columnB of source need to be validate with some Y table data of my database.

What exactly I want to say is, for each column of source data, I have to apply some different business rules and after passing all these validation the result data I have to insert into Destination table.

Please help me, if any one have solution for this.

Thanks & Regards

Ashok Vallu

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-21 : 13:27:54
the Lookup transform is helpful in validating against databases. The Conditional Split transform lets you create separate data flows based on the contents of the data. If your business rules are applied row-by-row, these tools may suffice. If you need more sophisticated tests, consider writing a script component or two.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -