Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Replication (2012)
 Replication and schemabinding issue

Author  Topic 

nbutler
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-08-08 : 04:52:27
Hi,

I am setting up a replication of a live server database, published by the live server and subscribed to by a separate server used as a reporting server.

The publication seems to be fine and the subscription does attempt to collect the published information.

My problem is that when the reporting server attempts to update the database it hits tables that have dependencies on a view with schema binding and so fails.

Is there a way to set the replication up so that a schema binded view does not impact the replication? All I can think of at the moment is to have a script running that recreates all the target views to not have schema binding, allow the subscription to run then recreate the views again with schema binding.

Sorry, I am completely new at this so no real knowledge of what I am talking about!

Thanks

Neil

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2014-08-08 : 10:41:03
I thought that SCHEMABINDING only applied to the modification of the schema of the view and underlying tables; not the actual data. Are you trying to update the table data via the view? If you do turn off SCHEMABINDING, do the updates finish successfully?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John F. Kennedy
Go to Top of Page

nbutler
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-08-08 : 12:10:00
If I recreate the view without SCHEMABINDING and start the subscription back up it processes the problem table fine... until it gets to another one.

So it seems if I turned SCHEMABINDING off all my views the subscription would be successful... Though I don't want to do this.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -