Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 XML Bulk load

Author  Topic 

AAAV
Posting Yak Master

152 Posts

Posted - 2014-09-17 : 13:00:46
Is there any book for understanding xsd?

This is a part of my xsd where parttype occurs inside both the ReplacementPart and Optional_ReplacementPart.

XML sample
===
<ReplacementPart>
<PartType id="1580" />
<PartType id="45973" />
</ReplacementPart>
<Optional_ReplacementPart>
<PartType id="150" />
<PartType id="4593" />
</Optional_ReplacementPart>

XSD(PartType element is used in both the tables)
===
<xs:element name = "PartType" >
<xs:complexType>
<xs:simpleContent>
<xs:extension base = "xs:string" >
<xs:attribute name = "id" use = "required" type = "xs:string" sql:mapped="false"/>
</xs:extension>
</xs:simpleContent>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

<xs:element name = "ReplacementPart" sql:mapped="true" sql:relation="MotorOperationReplacementPart" sql:relationship="MotorOperation_to_MotorOperationReplacementPart">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element ref = "PartType" maxOccurs = "unbounded" sql:mapped="true" sql:field="PartType" />
</xs:sequence>
<xs:element name = "Optional_ReplacementPart" sql:mapped="true" sql:relation="OptionalOperationReplacementPart" sql:relationship="OptionalOperation_to_OptionalOperationReplacementPart">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element ref = "PartType" maxOccurs = "unbounded" sql:mapped="true" sql:field="PartType"/>
</xs:sequence>

1) when I use the above XSD the xml bulk load loads both partype and id columns null(I understand id is null because it is unmapped)

2) when I remove the mapping false in id and let it map to the id column in the tables... I get

loadwithscript.vbs(19, 1) XML SAX Parser: Data mapping
to column 'id' was already found in the data. Make sure that no two schema definitions map to the same column.

How do I use the same xsd element to map to different columns in different tables.

I can provide more code but thought of keeping it simple..

Thanks in advance.

- Advertisement -