Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 Event ID 202

Author  Topic 

ramg1967
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-09-27 : 15:11:47
Hello - My first post and new to the forum.

Let me explain the setup. We have remote SQL 2012 server that is running the database for our App-V 5 Management and Reporting Server.

We have 2 App-V Servers. One server has no issue connecting to the database. The other server always gets Event ID 202 error when connecting to the database. The error is as follows:

A database error occurred. Reason: 'A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)'

I shared above error message with our database administrator. He is unable to resolve the issue. Appreciate, if you guys have any input on how to resolve this error.

The SQL Server is running 2012, The App-V servers are running Server 2012.

We have App-V Admins groups that has full access to the database + both App-V Servers also has full access to the database.

I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks

Ram

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2014-09-28 : 19:21:58
You can workaround this error by connecting with ServerName,PortNumber. Ask the DBA what the port number is. The DBA should have been able to tell you this to workaround this error. Alternatively, you can add a SQL alias to the server receiving this error. The DBA should be able to tell you how to do this.

Tara Kizer
SQL Server MVP since 2007
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/
Go to Top of Page

ramg1967
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-09-28 : 19:39:06
Thanks Tara - I will pass on the info to our DB tomorrow and update the result by end of the day.

Ram
Go to Top of Page

Lincolnburrows
Yak Posting Veteran

52 Posts

Posted - 2014-10-06 : 05:29:14
Check a few things:

1. you production server allows remote connections. (possible that someone turned this
off, especially if you have a DBA)

2. Check your connection string. Sometimes if you are using an ip address or server name
this will cause this error. Try both.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -