Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 Job failed Description Forward in SSMS2008

Author  Topic 

kond.mohan
Posting Yak Master

213 Posts

Posted - 2014-10-06 : 08:56:43
Hi
we created sql server jobs on SQL server 2008 for Backup,Data loading(ETL) ..and other Activites.If jobs get failed Technical team would get mail Either Success or Failed (Description). using Database mail.

If Jobs Get failed we just need to know reason of failure through mail(Job Activity monitor Failure description will be forwarded)

anybody know pls suggest for the same

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-10-06 : 09:47:56
Look in the job history
Go to Top of Page

kond.mohan
Posting Yak Master

213 Posts

Posted - 2014-10-09 : 07:44:32
Hi team
Thks for reply.i could not able to Acess the sErver to see history.i have to circulate same error to other team members on urgence basis
right now i am getting Fail or Sucees message. Additionally we needed that failed description if job fails

Go to Top of Page

marcusn25
Yak Posting Veteran

56 Posts

Posted - 2014-10-12 : 18:31:19
Ummm, you can't access the Server because you can't log on ....?

Go to SQL Server Management Studio. Expand SQL Server Agent, is the job not there?

Marcus

I learn something new everyday.
Go to Top of Page

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-10-13 : 10:18:42
quote:
Originally posted by kond.mohan

Hi team
Thks for reply.i could not able to Acess the sErver to see history.i have to circulate same error to other team members on urgence basis
right now i am getting Fail or Sucees message. Additionally we needed that failed description if job fails

The failure description is in the job history. If you can't access it, ask your DBA to give you access or send you the history.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -