Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 MTA 98-364

Author  Topic 

AKAR
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-11-20 : 14:31:57
I have a very basic question. I hope someone on this forum can help me.

I lost my job in 2008 when the economy crashed. I was an IT project manager but without any technical background. I have a Bachelor in Finance and a CPA but no recent experience in that field.

I cannot find a job in Accounting/Finance because I don’t have recent experience, and I cannot find a job in IT because I am not technical. For the last 5 years I have been teaching business courses at different colleges as a part timer but nothing regular.

I am 58 years old. I am thinking of getting MTA 98-364 certification and then look for a job in IT as entry level. Hopefully land a job and then move on the path to certification in Business Intelligence (I know quite a bit about business processes and how businesses are run).

How realistic is my plan? Will I get a job in IT with MTA 98-364 certification?

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-11-20 : 15:22:47
it's a good start, but I won't stop there. ONce you pass that exam, go to MCSA Sql Server and MCSE-BI
Go to Top of Page

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-11-20 : 15:23:32
FYI I started working on these things later in life, like you. It's been hard work but rewarding!
Go to Top of Page

AKAR
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2014-11-20 : 16:09:26
gbritton: Thanks guy! You give me hope. I'll get started on 98-364. About 20 years ago I took a course in Relational DB at a community college and aced it. SQL statements are not that difficult to learn. The concepts come easy to me. I know I can do it. Yeah, I intend to immediately get started on MCSA after completing MTA. It's just that since my layoff it's been so frustrating finding a good regular job. I'm looking to get back in.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -