Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2012)
 Problem in the sql 2012 report configuration

Author  Topic 

steventian
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2014-12-10 : 01:00:45
I have tried to setup the Sql 2012 reporting service configuration management in my computer with the server anme as "locahost" andthe report server instance as "sql2012". I can NOT start the report server althoght I have tried for many times.. It always showed that "System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service ReportServer$SQL2012 on computer 'LOCALHOST'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start()
at ReportServicesConfigUI.Panels.ServerInformationPanel.StartStopServiceTask(Boolean start)"
Can i get helo form you , many thanks in advance.

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-12-10 : 08:45:13
What is the logon id of the service? Can you reset that password?
Go to Top of Page

steventian
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2014-12-10 : 09:11:42
quote:
Originally posted by gbritton

What is the logon id of the service? Can you reset that password?

Thanks for your reply. I have the log on id but not setting up the password when I installed the system. So the password for the user account in this computer is blank. I am looking forward your further assistance. Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-12-10 : 10:35:08
Edit the service properties, erase any password there, click apply then start. Does it start?
Go to Top of Page

steventian
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2014-12-10 : 23:52:37
[quote]Originally posted by gbritton

Edit the service properties, erase any password there, click apply then start. Does it start?
[/quote

Hi, gbritton. I figured it out. Thanks for your kind help so much! :)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -