Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2012)
 Matrix Report - Linked Report Param not working

Author  Topic 

ryankeast
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-09 : 09:39:55
Hi,
I have an issue with Report Builder and linking to a report.

I have a Matrix report with two Row Groups of Area and Sub Area. It simply shows a total by area and subarea of our property stock.

I have a detail report that I want to link to. I want the matrix to work that when you click on either the area or the sub area it shows you those properties on a separate report.

On my detail report I have created two parameters. One called area_parameter and one called subarea_parameter. These are then added to the filter od the dataset.

On the matrix report – on the subarea total - I have an action to open the detail report when area_parameter = Area and subarea_parameter = subarea. That works perfectly.

The issue I have when I add an action to area. I have just placed area_parameter = Area in the action and I keep getting an error –
The ‘subarea_parameter’ parameter is missing a value.

What do I need to do to get this to work. As I’m only clicking on the Area, the Sub Area shouldn’t matter?

I’m lost at how to get this to work. Is there a way round this.

Both report have the same shared dataset

ryankeast
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-15 : 05:58:39
Hi,

Ok so an update.

I've managed to do this using extra datasets.

So I have a Summary report and a Detailed report.

On the detailed report I have created a parameter and a dataset called "Location Status". The dataset only has one field in it.

In the parameter I set it to multiple values and also set the available and default values to "Get Values from a query" and pointed it at my dataset.

On the summary report I have a total number - that withing the tablix properties only shows a location status of occupied and void.

On the textbox I have set an action on it to open a report and at first I set the parameter I created in the detailed report to equal the location status. When you drill down you only get the occupied and not the void?

The only way I can get it to work is to have two parameters to run the report that uses the following fuctions -

= "Void"
and
= "Occupied"

Now when I click on my total it drills through correctly.

Is there any way to include the above in one parameter on the action instead of the two I have?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -