Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 SSIS admin, what am I missing

Author  Topic 

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-05 : 11:51:49
Hi

We have a brand new full install of SQL Server 2012 BI edition (11.0.5058.0) on a brand new install of Windows Server 2012 R2. I have admin rights for both.

I can connect to the SQL Server from SSMS 2012 and all seems well, however if I try to connect to the Integration Services on the box I can't as it times out saying the RPC Server is unavailable.

If I remote on to the box I get the same. However if I right click on SSMS and select the Run as Adminstrator option it works as expected. I've tried doing the same from my machine however I still get the same error as above.

I'm guessing this is either firewall or RPC causing the issue but have no idea how to resolve this (which ports/how to sort RPC). Can anyone point me in the right direction please

thanks

steve

-----------

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

gbritton

2780 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-05 : 12:31:02
In SQL Server 2012, the service is secure by default; and, by default, only the built-in Administrators group can run Integration Services. You must use the DCOM Configuration tool (dcomcnfg.exe) to grant specific users access to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). To do this, perform the following steps:

Run Dcomcnfg.exe from the Search Programs and Files text box.

Expand the Component Services, Computers, My Computer, and DCOM Config nodes.

Right-click Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 11.0 and choose Properties.

On the Security tab, lick Edit in Launch And Activation Permissions.

Add users and assign permissions. You can assign the following permissions:

Local Launch

Remote Launch

Local Activation

Remote Activation

Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-06 : 06:08:56
That's great, thanks I will try that

-----------

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -