Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Insert into schema.[table]

Author  Topic 

Suhi100
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-22 : 14:59:36
Hi,

I am reading about stored procedures and i have looked at some them in a database,which was designed by a colleague. The concept is clear,but there is one piece of code,which I do not understand.

There is an insert into statement:

insert into DWH.[Employee]
(column1,column2,column3)
select column1,column2,column3
from [database].[dbo].[VIEW_Employee]

neither the table into which the statement perform the insert into ([Employee]) nor the other thable from which the column are selected are in the database. They not listed in tables or in views. They are not declared in the stored procedure either.

Has anyone got some hints how tables/objects can be referenced if they not present in the database within table/views?

many thanks

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-22 : 15:03:13
Could it be that you do not have any permissions in the datatabase and/or the DWH schema and or the Employee table?
Go to Top of Page

Suhi100
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-22 : 15:48:12
No
I have admin rights,
I checked several times but those tables are not in the db.
I know i can use TABLE as data type but there is no object declared as table in the stored procedure.

Go to Top of Page

bitsmed
Aged Yak Warrior

545 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-22 : 16:39:28
Why don't you go to the source (your collegue) and ask him/her?
Go to Top of Page

Suhi100
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-22 : 16:43:05
I certainly will when i can
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Suhi100
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-23 : 04:57:36
Hi,

sorry for your time on this topic I should have wait before posting this question because, those tables were deleted that's why not found.

thank you
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -