Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Converting Access to SQL Server

Author  Topic 

ProfessorFudger
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2015-04-13 : 06:21:05
Good morning, apologies firstly if in the wrong area, I am new and will be using these forums on a regular basis until I can get the hang and learn more about SQL Server.

I'm currently using Management Studio 2008 R2 and struggling as I am very raw to SQL full stop eg a complete newbie to it.

WHERE (((dbo_ED_ATTENDANCE.AttendDateTime)>=Date()-IIf(Weekday(Date(),2)<2,4,2) And (dbo_ED_ATTENDANCE.AttendDateTime)<=Date()-1)

The above criteria is cut from an existing Access query which I am trying to replicate in SQL Management Studio 2008 R2.

Is this doable.

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-13 : 06:25:59
Yes, doable, but the syntax is significantly different.

Not sure that just offering you the correct syntax will help much - you'll only be 5 minutes before you hit the next difference.

Might be better than you familiarise yourself with the basics of T-SQL as is used by MS SQL (which is largely the same as ANSI SQL, which is, sadly, not the case for Access - so Access has lots of its own "flavour" of SQL).
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -