Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Help with summary/pivot of data

Author  Topic 

wembleybear
Yak Posting Veteran

93 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-14 : 10:55:46
I'm trying to create a summary/pivot result from data in our inventory. I want to see Machine_Type and Machine_Size as rows down the left for each change in Machine_Size, then columns for count of Fleet_no, sum of 'Weekly_Rate' and average of 'Weekly_Rate'. How can I do this in SQL? My select query is below:

Select  iv.cat [Machine_Type], tm.Machine_Size [Machine_Size], di.item [Fleet_No],  di.weekchg [Weekly_Rate] from deltickitem di 

left join inventory iv on iv.item = di.item
left join MCSReports.tblMLookup tm on tm.Subcategory = iv.sub

where (di.stop_rent is null or di.stop_rent > GETDATE()-5) and di.orig_start_rent <= GETDATE() and di.stage < 16
and iv.cat not in ('ATTACH','AUGER','BREAK','BUCKET','CAR', 'COMP', 'CROSSHIRE','FORKS','GATOR', 'MISC','ROTOATT', 'TIPPER', 'TRAIL') and iv.sub <> '360BUCKET'

Many thanks
Martyn

MichaelJSQL
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

252 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-14 : 11:02:15
Just a summary?

SELECT iv.cat [Machine_Type], tm.Machine_Size [Machine_Size], COUNT(di.item) [Fleet_No], AVG(di.weekchg) [Weekly_Rate_avg] , SUM(di.weekchg) [Weekly_Rate_Sum]
from deltickitem di
left join inventory iv on iv.item = di.item
left join MCSReports.tblMLookup tm on tm.Subcategory = iv.sub
WHERE (di.stop_rent is null or di.stop_rent > GETDATE()-5) and di.orig_start_rent <= GETDATE() and di.stage < 16
and iv.cat not in ('ATTACH','AUGER','BREAK','BUCKET','CAR', 'COMP', 'CROSSHIRE','FORKS','GATOR', 'MISC','ROTOATT', 'TIPPER', 'TRAIL') and iv.sub <> '360BUCKET'
GROUP BY iv.cat, tm.Machine_Size
Go to Top of Page

wembleybear
Yak Posting Veteran

93 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-14 : 11:43:10
If that would do it, yes. I just want to see for each change in Machine Size (some Machine Types will not have sizes), the values as above.

Thanks
Martyn
Go to Top of Page

wembleybear
Yak Posting Veteran

93 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-14 : 12:13:30
Yes, perfect. Thanks very much for your help.

Martyn
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -