Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2012)
 SQL SERVER TEMPDB FULL ISUE

Author  Topic 

Amit-1234
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-15 : 02:59:42
Hi,

We are calling a web service using script component in SSIS. This script is accessing around 2,84,000 rows but processing them one by one in small chunks, calling a web service by passing the row values as parameter and returning the output buffer to the final OLEDB destination.

The web service returns valid address information in the form of xml using soap protocol. The xml returned is not storedas a file but it is used to access the values of inner elements. These values are finally inserted into the SQL server table.

However, on each execution of the package the TEMPDB database is becoming full and the data insertion is failing, but the TEMPDB size allocated is 5GB.

My question is why mere insertion of around 0.2 million records is causing the TEMPDB to become full. Does this have anything to do with the webservice call or the XML returned?

In case it does how can we clean up the memory programatically?

Thanks in advance

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-15 : 09:35:07
Are you using OLEDB connector for your target table? be sure to choose the FastLoad option and change the Maximum insert commit size to something smaller - eg 1000 or 10000 rows. Also check the recovery model of your database. Is it Full? if so, is the database used for OLTP? If NOT for OLTP, consider changing the recovery model to Simple.
Go to Top of Page

Amit-1234
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-16 : 05:59:11
Thanks for your response. Yes, we are using oldedb connector and the recovery model for tempdb as well as for my target database is set to simple.

I will definitely try out the fast load option suggested by you and let you know.

Thanks once again ... :)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -