Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Invalid Buffer Received from Client

Author  Topic 

mstrong
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2000-12-06 : 11:01:57
I am running SQL 2000 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. For the last day the server has been getting period "Invalid Buffer Received from Client" errors.

I would like to know what is causing this error and what I can do to stop the error. All of our applications that access the database are running fine, I have received no notifications of errors from any of our users. So, outside of getting the error, the database does seem to be running fine. However, this error concerns me greatly.

I have seen references to this error in the Knowledge Base on SQL 6.5 and SQL 7, but nothing on SQL 2000.

I access the SQL error log to determine the SPID that is getting the error, and then I see what activity has been going on on that SPID, and I don't see any kind of pattern.

Has anybody else gotten this error before on SQL 2000? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Advertisement -