Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 xp_sqlagent_enum_job returns Msg 22023

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2006-03-10 : 08:49:44
Chad writes "When I execute the following command from QA, I received the error below:
exec master..xp_sqlagent_enum_jobs 1, 'sa'
Returns:
Server: Msg 22023, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Unable to enumerate Jobs due to failure to obtain serialization object.

I cannot find any KBs or any listing for this particular error code or message. The only posting with that error message that I found was in German (I think) and since I don't read German, it wasn't that helpful.

I'm running this on a SQL 2000 sp3 server which has a hefty load of SQL Jobs (~150). It's a distributor and publisher in a replication setup, and also has quite a few databases on it. The server is running at about 5-10% utilization during the day with a few spikes here and there. When I execute this procedure there is little-to-none affect on the utilization. It times out after exactly 60 seconds in the QA.

Related to this issue is the fact that the SQL Jobs list in EM hangs upon refreshing or viewing job detail information.

We recently installed sqlSentry on a seperate server and were attempting to monitor this particular server around the same time this issue began. We have since uninstalled it and removed the sqlSentry jobs that were created but the problem hasn't gone away. Prior to the installation of sqlSentry, the EM job list would refresh successfully in about 2 seconds.

I have decreased the SQL Agent log record limits and reindexed the MSDB database in hopes that it just needed some house-keeping.

Has anyone else seen this type of issue? Does anyone have any suggestions for other troubleshooting steps?

Thanks,
Chad"

daneo
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-01-15 : 17:52:35
Hi,

I am having the same problem and cant find anything related.
Did you solve the issue?

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -