Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 error in jobs

Author  Topic 

Hitesh Shah
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-05-23 : 11:35:12
I have created jobs in SQL server 2000 . But those jobs are not running .

I can c the jobs in the output of sp_help_job. However sp_job_history does not have any output. I remember seeing error 14258 in eventvwr on the day i had created job . Does that have any thing to do with lightweight pooling setting .

I resterted the sQL server agent successfully . I understand successful running SQL server agent is mandatory for job execution . Please let me know what more can be done .

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-05-23 : 13:14:29
Try start job manually to see what happens. By the way, did you check sql server agent error log?
Go to Top of Page

Hitesh Shah
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-05-24 : 00:27:29
Viewing All types error log , I got info type mesasage "[393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases..." .

When trying to c the properties of the job , we c error 14258 Can not performa this operation while sQL server is starting try later . But actually in service monitor for SQL server agent it shows started status .
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-05-24 : 10:12:28
I'll try restart sql agent.
Go to Top of Page

Hitesh Shah
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-05-25 : 03:57:12
In fact this error is only after restarting the agent .

I got a suggestion to change the lightweight pooiling using sp_configure . But that instruction set seemed to me incomplete to me. How can i c my current setting and how should i change the same . I think restart of SQL services is mandatory . Should the database be in singlt user mode when the change is made .
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-05-25 : 09:59:32
Don't have to be in single user mode.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -