SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 FINDING THE MISSING RECORD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jbulldog
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  06:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MIK I really don't know about that. I ran a query for all portfolios that have this one service, selecting in addition the associated ID fields for their columns to see if there was any descrepency. It returned over 22200 rows.

But that being said I still would not be able to determine how to select those that no longer have the specific service.

When I am in the software we use I see a portfolio in a sense as a container, much like the common definition of a portfolio. Like a folder with seperate pages only the services are the pages. Now if I have thousands of portfolio's that all have the correct number of pages but in that pile there are maybe a hundred or so that are missing a page how can I seach or compare them without manually going through them one by one?

I understand that in SQL the columns and tables are like containers and in this scenario the records are held in seperate containers. The software we use pulls those records toether to simulate a "Porfolio" container.

I'm thinking there must be some way to compare "those containers".

As of right now it don't seem possible.

Thanks for all the effort.

Cheers

James
Go to Top of Page

MIK_2008
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

Pakistan
1052 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  07:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats alright James, the team would certainly like to help you out, if you could somehow examplify the issue with the help of sample data and desired output. I know its hard for you right now, but when you able to .. do share it with us. I am sure someone would quickly sort it out for you. :)

And yes, just a thought, if you're not famaliar with Join Types; Inner join, Left Join, Right Join, Full Outer Join and Cross Join, then I would strongly recommend that you should read about them in BOL/google pages. I am quite sure that by using correct join(s) you may find out the required missing records/information.

Cheers
MIK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000