Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 Other Topics
 connecting to lotus notes database

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2001-10-22 : 22:47:51
D Joseph writes "I am trying to connect to a remote Lotus notes database using asp but im having several problems

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes] Cannot locate registry key "SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\4.0" or "SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\5.0" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

/Phonebook.asp, line 6

I fixed the above problem by installing lotus notes 4.6 but now im getting another message

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes]Unable to find path to server

/Phonebook.asp, line 6

I have setup a DSN ODBC connection using notessql odbc driver 2.6.
Username and password are stored in the connection string but I cannot connect to the server.

Also when I try and use SQL Server to connect to lotus notes I get an unknown error in the data connection wizard."

cristi
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2008-02-09 : 21:23:21
I have the exact same message
[Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes] Cannot locate registry key "SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\4.0" or "SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\5.0" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

However I do have the registry key: "SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\7.0". Isn't there somethign I can do except down grading Lotus Notes?
Go to Top of Page

sledison
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2008-02-27 : 15:53:56
I have the exact same message
[Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes] Cannot locate registry key "SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\4.0" or "SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\5.0" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Did you ever get this fixed??
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2008-02-28 : 01:25:31
http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=lotusnotes

E 12°55'05.25"
N 56°04'39.16"
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -