Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Other SQL Server Topics (2005)
 My number of records are different from views

Author  Topic 

meandgon
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-20 : 22:57:53
Why is it my number of records are different from my view. this are the following code that that i used in my code and in my view.

my code in my program: this code show all the records i know

If iConn.State = ConnectionState.Open Then iConn.Close()
iConn.Open()
Dim rsBills As New Data.DataSet
rsBills = New DataSet
Dim daBills As New SqlDataAdapter
daBills = New SqlDataAdapter
rsBills.Clear()
Dim cmBills As New SqlCommand
cmBills = iConn.CreateCommand ' "Select U_Code, U_Name, U_Level, P_Word From EPassword ",
cmBills.CommandText = "Select OR_no, Billing_mo From dbo.vwBilling Where Month(dbo.vwBilling.Billing_mo)= " & Month(Me.dtto.Value) & " And Year(dbo.vwBilling.Billing_mo) = " & Year(Me.dtto.Value) & " ORDER BY OR_no "

daBills.SelectCommand = cmBills
rsBills.AcceptChanges()
rsBills.Clear()
daBills.Fill(rsBills, "Bills")
Me.DataGridView1.DataSource = Nothing
Me.DataGridView1.DataSource = rsBills.Tables("Bills")

my code in views:

SELECT OR_no, Billing_mo, Account_no, Name, Address, Cno, Pres_read, Mprev_read, Sub_read, Pres2, Prev2, SRead2, Mtr_cons, Amount, NPC, Dmem,
Cmem, Tot_bill, D_Pmnt, Class, Newbill, Prd_fr, Prd_to, Type_Pmnt, Type_Date, Type_Docs, wtax
FROM dbo.Billing

hope you can help me guys

rlaubert
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-30 : 10:36:09
Not sure what you are asking, but I am going to assume that you want to know why your code (program) returns a different number of records from your view. If that is the case, the answer is simple. The view has no where clause so it will return all records. The program is using a where clause which will limit the number of records being returned to just those that meet your requirements, in this case, month that you are viewing (where month(dbo.vwbilling.billing_mo = etc)).

Raymond Laubert
MCITP:Administration, MCT
http://www.rd-webhosting.com
Home Based Business Library and Hosting
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -