Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Important: Change to forum notifications

Author  Topic 

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-22 : 07:35:04
NOTE: This only applies to subscriptions to entire forums. It doesn't affect subscriptions to topics at all.

Recently I allowed users to subscribe to new post notifications on forums. Any time there was a post in the forum the site emailed them a notice.

This has turned out very poorly and I've modified it. Many people don't take the time to unsubscribe to the messages. They just report the site as sending spam. Many people email me to unsubscribe themselves when they aren't able to do it themselves.

I've removed all forum level subscriptions except the Data Corruption, Database Design, Moderators (private), Site Discussion, Yak Corral, Authors (private), Yak Corral, Blogging (private) and ClearTrace Support forum. You won't see the private forums unless you are a member of that group. For example, only authors can see the Authors forum.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I'm not able to come up with a better solution right now. I hope this solves the problem but we'll see.

=================================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today. One crisis at a time.

coolerbob
Aged Yak Warrior

841 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-07 : 03:37:35
I never subscribed to entire forums; only individual threads. But the subscriptions to the threads are gone too. Can you recover them?
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-07 : 09:06:27
Whoah! I forgot all about that service. It just caught up three weeks worth. My apologies. I'll try to keep a closer eye on it. And hopefully get it rewritten as a Windows Service soon.

=================================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today. One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -