Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Executing a sequence of package with password

Author  Topic 

1fred
Posting Yak Master

158 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-01 : 11:03:24
Here is what I need to do. I've designed around 50 packages all protected with "encrypt all with password".

Each package must be run in a specific order to fill my DW. To determine the order in which the package needs to be run, I've build another package filled with the "execute package task". For each task, I give the right path to the package and its password.

When I run this package, it fails with this error for each execute task : Error: 2008-04-30 16:53:22.79
Code: 0xC0014037
Source: {983755C3-03B3-4029-AA29-8FD8691548CC}
Description: The package is encrypted with a password. The password was not specified, or is not correct.
End Error

Each package does execute itself correctly when I run them alone, but never when I run them inside another package. If I remove the password they run fine though.

I need to design SSIS packages that I'll give to a client. I don't want him to have access to the intelligence code in the package. This client will be admistrator of the machine and the database.

Any help appreciated

Thank you

- Advertisement -