Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Maintenance Plan with Incremental backup

Author  Topic 

jameswithers
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-13 : 06:17:44
Hi,

Is it possible to use the maintenance plan wizard to create a backup plan that takes a full backup on a Sunday and incremental every other day of the week. I cant see a way to do this but am perhaps missing something obvious. If it cant be done would the best method be just to schedule jobs containing the t-sql commands?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-13 : 09:36:16
yes you can backup database as you said in Maintenance plan. Schedule it and you are good.
Go to Top of Page

jameswithers
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-14 : 05:03:41
The question I am asking is how do you tell the maintenance plan to do an incremental every day except Sunday when you want a full backup? I cannot see any way of specifying full or incremental when I create the job, it seems to default to full. As I say perhaps I am missing something obvious, it seems strange that it cant be done?
Go to Top of Page

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-14 : 09:42:50
In SQL 2005, you have that option in maintenance plan. But in 2000, you need to have T-SQL command in job for differential backup.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -