Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Unable to resolve column level collations

Author  Topic 

karuna
Aged Yak Warrior

582 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-14 : 17:04:54
Hi,

When I try to execute a package I get this following error. I have a bunch of similar packages which runs fine on the same source(sybase) and destination(sqlserver 2005), just different tables. Only few of them fails and all of them have the same error of "Unable to resolve column level collations. Bulk-copy cannot continue". I checked for the dtatatype and length between source and destination, both are same. The user have all the required rights on the objects in both source and destination.

Error at Data Flow Task For Test1 - test_tbl_job [OLE DB Destination [16]]: An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Unable to resolve column level collations. Bulk-copy cannot continue.".

Error at Data Flow Task For Test1 - test_tbl_job [OLE DB Destination [16]]: Failed to open a fastload rowset for "testdb..tbl2". Check that the object exists in the database.

On further trial and error I found that if I remove the fast load option, it works without glitch.

Its kind of wierd though....

Any body has faced this situation?

Thanks
Karunakaran

AndrewMurphy
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2916 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-15 : 09:11:13
Would you have a difference in TEMPDB?.....are you creating some sort of temporary tables for sorting purposes, etc??
Go to Top of Page

karuna
Aged Yak Warrior

582 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-15 : 11:20:31
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewMurphy

Would you have a difference in TEMPDB?.....are you creating some sort of temporary tables for sorting purposes, etc??

I'm not sure about TEMPDB.I can check it out.
Its a direct table to table transfer nothing else is there.

To make it even wierd, once I drop the table and recreate it, the package works fine.

Its kind of inconsistent, because of the fact that another table which was working all these days, started showing this error all of sudden.

Thanks
Karunakaran
Go to Top of Page

AndrewMurphy
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2916 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-15 : 11:25:36
Could it be data driven???
Go to Top of Page

karuna
Aged Yak Warrior

582 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-15 : 11:56:11
I dont think so...
This error pops up when I try to see the column mappings in the destination source. It appears it fails in the validation stage itself.

Thanks
Karunakaran
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-05-15 : 12:36:26
quote:
Originally posted by karuna

I dont think so...
This error pops up when I try to see the column mappings in the destination source. It appears it fails in the validation stage itself.

Thanks
Karunakaran

One thing you could do is to check the collation setting of columns b\w source & destination table and then use COLLATE clause in your source script to change the collation to match that of destination.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -